Saturday, March 26, 2011

WebRogue - The start

So, why do I think RLs can be used to teach game programming and design?  Why would I care?  And why am I writing all of this?  These are fairly simple whys.  The main inspiration struck me during the Game Developer's Conference listening to Andy Schatz talk about Monoco and some of the tricks he did.  I just suddenly realized that were RLs an approachable project, something that could result in a fun playable game within a semester.  As to why this matters to me, I teach said topics at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, KS.  And finally for the writing, it has been a while since I've written something that is sustained over more than a day or two, so I need to sharpen my skills.  I also want a good record of what I did when and why, to better enable me to make good conclusions at the end of this.

No comments: